Has the summer of 2012 left you wanting for more? Then plan to head down to the Vegetarian Food Festival at Harbourfront Centre from Friday, September 7 to Sunday, September 9, 2012. You can watch vegetarian cooking demonstrations in the Lakeside Terrace including presentations on Caribbean vegan cooking, cooking with roots and fast and inexpensive vegan cooking, vegan cupcakes and what mistakes to avoid in vegan cooking. Other highlights include:
- Executive Vegan Chef Doug McNish, author of Eat Raw, Eat Well, will demonstrate Easy Gourmet Raw Food Recipes at the Lakeside Terrace on Friday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lisa Ritman and Nicole Axworthy show how to prepare vegetarian meals quickly and on a budget at the Lakeside Terrace on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. and will offer samples.
- Terry Hope Romero, author of Viva Vegan!, Veganomican: The Ultimate Vegan and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar will demonstrate how to make vegetarian tzatziki at the Lakeside Terrace on Saturday at 6 p.m. and will prepare another vegetarian dish on Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Vegan Parenting Workshop in Studio Lab 3 on Saturday at 3 p.m.
- Meditation Toronto will host a Hatha yoga class and meditation on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at the Redpath Stage.
Rich Roll, author of Finding Ultra, will share his story of turning 40 and finding himself 50 pounds overweight at which time he adopted a 100% plant-based diet and improved his fitness level substantially to participate in the Ultraman World Championships. Roll will speak at on Saturday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 12 p.m. in the Studio Theatre.
Musicians will perform on the Redpath Stage including folk legend Ken Whiteley on Friday at 6 p.m. and jazz singer-songwriter Larra Skye on Saturday at 4 p.m. Watch the 2011 documentary film, Forks Over Knives, at the WestJet Stage on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. The movie demonstrates how degenerative diseases can be managed or reversed through adoption of a plant-based diet.