March is usually the harbinger of spring; however, if you want to start planning your garden and home remodeling projects early, you’ll get some assistance at the International Home and Garden Show at the International Centre. In response to consumer demand, the show has bumped up its dates and is now taking place February 21-24, 2013, a month earlier than usual so that you’ll be ready for spring. As an added bonus, admission to the show will gain you access to the Successful Gardening Show.
Among the 400 plus home and gardening industry professionals, you’ll find experts and products relating to horticulture, agriculture, indoor and outdoor décor, design, home remodelling, heating and cooling systems and pools and patios. The Green Street section of the show features eco-friendly products and services including solar heating, energy saving products, eco builders, green building products and geothermal systems. You’ll also be able to plan your backyard garden early by visiting the Gardeners Marketplace to purchase bulbs, seeds, plant and garden products, décor gifts, books and plant care.
Many home and garden celebrities will be appearing at the show including:
- Kimberley Seldon at the Celebrity Superhouse Theatre: What’s Hot and What’s Not for 2013 – Sun., Feb. 21, 2013 at 12 p.m.
- Shawn Monteith at the Celebrity Superhouse Theatre: DIY Home Renovation Tips – Fri., Feb. 22, 2013 at 3 p.m. and Sun., Feb. 24, 2013 at 1:30 p.m.
- Jackie Morra at the Celebrity Superhouse Theatre: Small Backyards – Creating Your Dream Outdoor Oasis and Decorating 101 – Sun., Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
- Frank Ferragine at the Celebrity Garden Theatre: The Time Strapped Gardener – Sat., Feb. 23, 2013 at 2 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- John Reeves at the Celebrity Garden Theatre: Sustainable Organic Lawn Care – 2 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- Arlene Hazzan Green at the Celebrity Garden Theatre: Organic Vegetable Garden Planning – Thurs., Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:45 p.m.
- Karl Lohnes at the Celebrity Superhouse Theatre: The 5 Decorating Trends to Incorporate in Your Home – Fri., Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. and 4:40 p.m.
Be sure to enter online to win a 2013 Outdoor Kitchen Party Package, which includes a BBQ and patio furniture.
International Home and Garden Show hours are Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Adults $15 (or 2 for $25 if purchased online), Seniors (65+) $12 ($9 if purchased online), Students (9-17) $12 and Children 8 and under Free.