By Lori Bosworth
It’s hard to believe that the CNE is just around the corner. The Canadian National Exhibition opens next week on Friday, August 15 and runs until Monday, September 1, 2014. There are several new acts and exhibits and a great roster of musical artists performing live.
Here are some great acts performing at the CNE Bandshell in 2014 including:
- Down With Webster – Friday, August 15, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- The Mavericks – Saturday, August 16, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Christopher Cross – Tuesday, August 19, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Jose Feliciano – Thursday, August 21, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Platinum Blonde – Friday, August 22, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Gord Bamford – Saturday, August 23, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- The Orchestra (former members of Electric Light Orchestra) – Sunday, August 24, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- April Wine – Wednesday, August 27, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Hanson – Thursday, August 28, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Tom Cochrane – Saturday, August 30, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Remember The Amazing Kreskin? The famous mentalist will be appearing at the CNE’s Variety Stage from August 15-29, 2014 at 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., August 30 and 31, 2014 at 1:30 p.m., 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. and September 1, 2014 at 1:30 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The Mirage Acrobatic Show returns to the CNE this year with a new show featuring cirque performers, aerialists and artists.
New this year are the Disco Dogs, part of the President’s Choice SuperDogs Show, which will take place at Ricoh Coliseum. See terriers, collies and bulldogs in this new disco show.
To celebrate Toronto’s upcoming election, the CanStruction of mayoral candidates will feature Toronto’s top three mayoral candidates constructed out of 10,000 cans of food. Each construction of the candidates will be 6 feet by 6 feet. Visitors are encouraged to bring cans of food to support each display. Donations will go to a local food bank.
Another new addition in 2014 includes the Northern Comfort Saloon. This entertainment experience features live performances by country artists Marshall Dane, Leah Daniels and the Boom Chucka Boys, line-dancing and a mechanical bull!
The SKETCH stage at the Warehouse Outlets in the Direct Energy Centre (Hall D) will feature performances by local DJs, musicians, dancers and urban visual artists.
Young people 19 years and under get in free to the CNE before 3 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26.
General Admission for the CNE (before Aug. 14): $12
The Ride All Day Pass: $36
General Admission from Aug. 15 – Sept. 1: $18
Adults 65+: $14
Children (13 and under): $14
Children 4 and under: Free
CNE Family Pass: $50
(Two adults and two children or one adult and three children)
Ride All Day Pass: $38 (rides only; does not include admission)