I have always enjoyed pasta, but I don’t enjoy all of the carbs that a typical plate of pasta contains! Since I’ve been trying to lose weight, I have adopted a diet that emphasizes more protein and vegetables and smaller amounts of carbs. But somewhere in my mind, I still enjoy eating noodles. That’s why I was eager to try the 5 Blade Vegetable Spiralizer from with suction cup from Sharp Veggies & Herbs. If you aren’t familiar with spiralizers, they create noodles from vegetables such as zucchini, carrots and cucumbers. If you’re looking for low carb dishes that make you feel like you are eating pasta, then you’ll want to try Sauteed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Cream.
The 5 Blade Vegetable Spiralizer with suction cup from Sharp Veggies & Herbs is easy to use. First you attach the spiralizer to your counter with the suction cup so that it doesn’t slip or slide while you are slicing your vegetables. Then you choose the blade you want to use and place it in the machine. I used the Angel Hair blade to create the zucchini noodles for this recipe. After securing the zucchini in place, you just turn the handle to create your zucchini noodles. You can purchase the 5 Blade Vegetable Spiralizer with suction cup from Sharp Veggies & Herbs on Amazon.
I have recently switched to Avocado Oil and use it in this recipe, but you can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil in this recipe if you prefer. I enjoy using Avocado Oil not only for its nutritional benefits, but because it has a higher smoke point than Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Avocado Oil will not burn or smoke until it reaches 570°F while Extra Virgin Olive Oil’s smoke point is 375°F.
I have used a 2% plain Greek yogourt in this recipe so that the avocado cream obtains a creamy consistency. Since Greek yogourt is much thicker than regular yogourt, I would recommend using Greek yogourt if possible. Plus, the added benefit is 2% Greek yogourt contains just over 11 grams of protein per 1/2 a cup while regular 2% yogourt contains only 5 grams of protein per 1/2 a cup.
Another point to mention is zucchini is 95 percent water. So it’s best to add the spiralized zucchini noodles or “zoodles” as they are often called to the avocado cream mixture as the very last step. This will help prevent the avocado cream from absorbing the water from the zucchini and becoming more liquid that it already is.
Using the 5 Blade Vegetable Spiralizer with suction cup from Sharp Veggies & Herbs to make Sauteed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles was a lot of fun! Let me know in the comments if you make Sauteed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Cream.
You might also be interested in making Chickpea and Eggplant Salad , an easy vegan meal.
Sauteed Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons avocado oil Can use Olive Oil.
- 16 shrimp raw and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup Greek yogourt I used 2% Greek yogourt.
- 3 limes
- Fit Angel Hair blade into 5 Blade Sharp Veggies and Herbs Spiralizer and place zucchini one at a time in Spiralizer to create zucchini noodles.
- Mash avocado in bowl, then add 1 cup of Greek yogourt and mix with avocado.
- Add juice of 3 limes to avocado-yogourt mixture and stir well.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil in saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add shrimp to saucepan and saute for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp are pink.
- Remove shrimp to plate and keep warm.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Avocado Oil to saucepan and add minced garlic to pan. Saute for 1 minute, then remove garlic and place on shrimp.
- Add zucchini noodles to avocado cream mixture and combine well.
- Top zucchini noodles with shrimp and garlic and serve hot.S